Check out Fullers Great Sights tour options. We are booking agents for their tours and can offer a great rate when booking online.
GreatSights has a tour for almost every occasion including discounted twin-tour options. You can choose to explore Ninety Mile Beach and Cape Reinga, to the Bay of Islands, the Hole in the Rock, and Cape Brett.
Adventure HQ offers a range of adventure-based activities, including kayaking, fishing and Darryl's dinner or lunch cruises to Russell.
Saltair offers a unique experience of the area with scenic helicopter tours offering spectacular coastline views and island scenery. Tour options also include a cruise and helicopter tour combo.
The Waitangi Treaty Grounds is a unique and fascinating insight into New Zealand’s historic past. This is an absolute must-do when you're in the Bay of Islands. It's rich in history and stories of the momentous events that shaped our nation.
- Waitangi Golf Club is our home club (Phil is a club member). It's situated only a short drive from the Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel. A stunning 18-hole course with fabulous sea views.
- Golf Northland boasts at least 10 golf clubs within a one-hour drive of the Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel including the world-famous and beautiful Kauri Cliffs Golf Club. Welcome to heaven on the edge of earth.
We would be delighted to arrange your tee times, golf cart, and golf club hireage if required
- Waitangi Mountain Bike Park is a mountain bike trail with stages for all ages. Bring your bicycle and be prepared for some amazing scenery riding through our beautiful native bush.
- New Zealand Cycle Trails has 23 great rides to explore, showcasing some of New Zealand's most breathtaking scenery and diverse attractions. This free network of bike trails caters to passionate cyclists at all levels of fitness and experience.
- Twin Coast Cycle Trail is one of New Zealand's great rides. The Twin Coast Cycle Trail passes through some of New Zealand's earliest European and Māori settlements in the Far North District.
Gabriel Steam Engine
- The Bay of Islands Vintage Railway Trust has restored the track from Kawakawa as far as Taumarere, making it one of the longest heritage railway lines in New Zealand.
Other things to do close by
- Check out Bay of Islands Information for a wide range of activities.
- Bay of Islands Kayak Cruises lets you enjoy the bay in your kayak.
- Adventure HQ offers a range of adventure-based activities including kayaking, fishing and Darryl's dinner or lunch cruises to Haruru Falls and Russell.
- Explore Bay of Islands' cruises, including Hole in the Rock, tall ship cruises, dolphin watching, swimming with dolphins cruises, and sailing.
- Try the flying trapeze and other adventure activities at Actionworld. Spend all day experiencing fun and thrilling activities: high wire, trapeze, jousting, climbing walls, and more — there's something for all ages.
- Experience the spirituality of a canoe journey with Waka Taia Mai and be part of an unforgettable cultural experience.
- Jump aboard the exhilarating speed boat tours of the Bay of Islands.
- Get into a kayak, visit safe sandy beaches, go parasailing, and experience Māori waka canoe trips.
- Catch the ferry to Russell to explore this historic village.
- Try out the Paihia cafes, bars, restaurants, and shops (all within a one minute walk).
- Set yourself some time for relaxation and rejuvenation at the Paihia Beach day spa.
- Head out on a day tour to Cape Reinga and Ninety Mile Beach (pick up daily from the motel).
- Venture out on scenic flights over North Cape and the Bay of Islands.
- Head out to Waioro Adventure Park
Within a 30 minute drive
- Haruru Falls and bush walks
- Waitangi and Kerikeri golf courses
- Sky diving
- Kerikeri cafes, craft shops, wineries, and galleries
- Kerikeri Mission Station and the historic Stone Store
- Horse trekking
- Quad biking
- Waipoua Forest and Tāne Mahuta
- Stunning golf courses
- Pristine beaches
- Puketi Forest kauri forest walks
- Experience the magic of the Hokianga Harbour